Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals


Here is a list of everything we have published about Separations


We pulled the following document from the ASKTOP ARMSROOM as we thought this might be useful information for some of our readers.  There are thousands of documents available for FREE in the Armsroom.  Please take a look and feel free …Read More

Article by

As Caregivers Can We Decide to Terminate Our End of the Family Care Plan?

My husband and I are caring for our daughter's children. She is divorced and is due to be deployed. Custody has not been settled in court. We feel our daughter needs to come home and take care of her children and the custody issues. She got in the Army, now we have the mess. Are we able to terminate a Family Care Plan?.. Read the Answer»

A leader with 19 years of service came up positive on a Urine Analysis, what can he expect?

I am an active duty NCO with 19 years of service and came up positive on a UA. What can I expect?.. Read the Answer»

Master Army Promotions Boards - App for iOS
The comprehensive guide to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)

What documentation is needed for chapter and separation actions?

How do I know what documentation is needed for a specific chapter action?.. Read the Answer»

Military Personnel Section Customer Handbook

Topics covered in this handbook are as follows: Adverse Actions (Unfavorable Information Files (UIFS)); Assignments/Out-Processing; Automated Records Management System (ARMS); Awards And Decorations; Base In-Processing; Base Level Service Delivery Model (BLSDM); Basic Allowance For Subsistence/Essential Station Messing (BAS/ESM); Career Status …Read More

Article by

Can I be separated for a DUI?

Can they kick me out of the Army for one DUI?.. Read the Answer»

Military Writing: A Guide for Writing Counseling, Evaluations, Memos, Letters and more
The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

Is my military career over if I have a positive UA?

I used illegal drugs once and failed the urine analysis test–is my Army career over?.. Read the Answer»

Can a Soldier volunteer for separation due to not having a valid Family Care Plan?

Can I receive a voluntary chapter for failure to obtain a family care plan?.. Read the Answer»

Can a Soldier be separated if they relapse after completing ASAP?

Can they throw me out of the Army if I complete ASAP training and then relaspe?.. Read the Answer»

Can I be chaptered for two minor counseling statements?

In the past year, I have received two counseling statements for minor offenses. Other than these two incidents, I have been a great Soldier and have the monthly counselings from my first line NCO to show this. My Battery Commander is telling me that he wants to chapter me out of the Army if I receive another counseling for anything during the rest of my time here (2 months). Can he legally start the Chapter work without an Article 15 or a major offense?.. Read the Answer»

Can I be reduced from E-6 to E4 for inefficency?

I am Active Duty with 13 years TIS. Can I be reduced from E6 to E4 for inefficiency? TDS advised me that I would only be reduced to E5 if the board felt the need, but the board recommended me to be reduced to E4. I am appealing and TDS is trying to get my rank reduced to E5 instead of E4. TDS highlighted AR 600-8-19 and FM 27-1 and their interpretation of the rules and had me take it to Brigade legal, but they said that you may be reduced more than one rank for inefficiency. So I am getting two different answers for this. Do you have any insight? I have another appointment tomorrow with TDS to try and get this resolved. Thank you... Read the Answer»

Must a Soldier be counseled before separation?

How many counseling statements are required before a Soldier can be separated from the Army?.. Read the Answer»