Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Visit MentorMilitary.com

I recently got married & I am stationed in Korea, am I enttitled to FSA?

I am stationed in Korea, recently got married and returned to Korea. Just want to know if I am authorized family separation allowance. I put in a pay inquiry months ago and want to know if they will pay me back pay.

The Board Master - Army Promotion Board Study Guide

After doing some research myself and consulting with a Finance Specialist again, you actually may be entitled to FSA based on DODFMR, Volume 7A, Chapter 27, Table 27-5, Rule 8. My finance POC was surprised when I showed him this provision and advised that you print the page out and bring it to finance. If there is some other reason why you are not entitled, then they should tell you.

Here is the link to the DODFMR

My apologies for the confusion. If you wouldn’t mind shooting me a note with how things work out, I’d really appreciate it.


Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

The comprehensive guide to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.