Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

My leader is going to counsel me for something I did not do- What can I do about it?

My NCO is going to give me a 4856 for being formation but i was not late and he still insist that i was late? What can I do?

Counsel Quick - Army Counseling Software

If the leader is set on giving you a counseling statement let him.  If you disagree, simply disagree and write your side of the story down in the session closing box or on a separate sheet of paper.

Here a two posts that might help you:

How do I tell my side of the story?

What does disagree mean on a DA FORM 4856?

Hope this helps

Did you find this information useful? We appreciate your feedback!


Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

Army Counseling Software - Include over 250 Army Counseling Examples

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.