Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Visit MentorMilitary.com

I do not believe my Article 15 punishment was fair, what can I do.

I recently received a field grade article 15 for violating curfew in Korea I was given the maximum punishment. My question is how can I fight this if I know others that have been found guilty of the same offense and did not get busted and only got 30 days of extra duty

The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

Your only recourse is to appeal the Article 15.  You were provided this opportunity during the hearing.  If you elected not to appeal you can go back and ask to appeal but there is no requirement for the command to honor your request.  In some cases the command may honor your request.

Punishments do not have to be the same

Keep in mind a commander is allowed to consider numerous factors when determining punishment under the proceedings of an Article 15.  Some of these factors include: age, experience, maturity, duty performance, etc.  There is no requirement that individuals who commit the same offense be punished in the same manner.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

Wear it Right! Army Uniform Guide

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.