Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Award Quick: Army Award Writing Software

I got an Article 15 now a year later they want to chapter me. What can I do to stop the chapter?

The Evaluator - Army Evaluation & Counseling Guide
This response is provided based on the information you shared and should not be used as the sole source for making a decision. You should seek guidance from the chain of command, IG, JAG or other certified agencies before making any decisions. How you chose to use this information is totally up to you and is your sole responsibility.

You could request your separation action be placed in suspension like an Article 15 punishment. Basically the command prepares all separation paperwork. Suspends the chapter for up to 12 months. If everything goes well the chapter is revoked, if you display poor performance then you are separated. We have additional information on separation actions and transfers on our YouTube Channel that you might find useful as well.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.