Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Award Quick: Army Award Writing Software

I came up positive on a UA but it was a false positive what happens next?

The Evaluator - Army Evaluation & Counseling Guide

This is a sticky situation and will basically come down to the Soldier’s integrity/credibility with the chain of command and how flexible the chain of command is in these situations.  Keep in mind most Soldiers in this situation will state they did not  take part in using drugs.  So the chain of command will naturally be skeptical.

First step in my opinion is to speak with an attorney. The Soldier can request to see an attorney at the local JAG office and I would also encourage her to find a local civilian attorney that has retired as a prior JAG officer. If one is not locally available we have recommended Philip D. Cave in the past.  His contact information is:
1318 Princess St., Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, Phone: 703-348-7120, Toll Free: 800-401-1583, Fax: 703-997-6076.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

Master Army Promotions Boards - App for iOS

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.