Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Visit MentorMilitary.com

My Unit Deferred my School Slot against my will and Now they Want me to Sign a 4187- Do I have to Sign it

My unit deferred my mandatory school slot against my will. Now they need me to sign the 4187. Am I obligated to sign

Battlefield Deception Guide - From Alexander the Great to Norman Schwarzkopf

No, you cannot be made to sign any document. A 4187 that states you are voluntarily withdrawing from the school slot is not a clear representation of the facts. If the 4187 states it is an involuntary withdraw by your chain of command, then you should consider signing it but you are under no obligation to do so.


, follow us, and sign up for our newsletter

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MentorMilitary/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AskTOP
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bjcYH

I trust you found this information useful


Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

The comprehensive guide to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.