Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

My husband is on orders, branch will not cancel his orders. We have sent in a 4187 approved by the command team and that was disapproved. What else can we do?

The Evaluator - Army Evaluation & Counseling Guide
This response is provided based on the information you shared and should not be used as the sole source for making a decision. You should seek guidance from the chain of command, IG, JAG or other certified agencies before making any decisions. How you chose to use this information is totally up to you and is your sole responsibility.

The only other option that I can think of is to have either the battalion or brigade commander or CSM call the Branch Sergeant Major and talk to them about modifying your assignment. I was an assignment manager during my career. Unfortunately, sometimes there is nothing an assignment manager can do because the slot might require specific skills, training, or be a priority assignment and no on e else is available to fill the position.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.