Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

How do I report an improper relationship?

A Soldier in my unit is sleeping with a Senior leader's wife? How do I handle this?

The comprehensive guide to the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)

First, you need to verify your information. A false perception of an improper relationship is a problem, but not one as severe as an actual affair. You cannot rely solely on the consensus of the rumor mill. If the problem has been brought to your attention directly by a first-hand witness, you must report it.

Do not approach the concerned individuals. If the problem is at the platoon level, report to your 1SG and commander. If the problem is at the company level, report to the BN CSM and commander. In either case, speak to both the senior NCO and the commander at the same time. Explain any evidence you have and be sure to let them know if you believe there is an improper relationship taking place, or if you are just reporting the perception of such a relationship.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

The Mentor - A Comprehensive Guide to Army Counseling and Leadership

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.