Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Get Tabbed - How to Graduated Army Ranger School

How can I convince my leaders to send me to language school (DLI)?

How can I or what is the best way to convince my leadership to send me to language school. I have a 117 on the DLAB.

Get Tabbed - How to Graduated Army Ranger School

There is no simple answer to this question. First you would most likely need a valid language slot in your current unit, or a unit requirement to speak a specific language for a specific mission.  In mission-specific situations the Army usually assigns an interpreter because units cannot not usually provide in-house language skills. The best possible way to obtain a language skill is to reenlist for jobs skills that require language skills. I believe you could get better assistance by visiting the DLI Website and contacting them directly.

Express your interest in language training and provide relevant information such as you DLAB score and whether or not you are a native speaker of a non-English language.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

Get Tabbed - How to Graduated Army Ranger School

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.