Q&a | AskTOP.net - Leader Development for Army Professionals
Company Command: The Bottom Line - Army Leadership Guide

Can I recommend a Soldier for a Volunteer Award?

I'm am a reservist and have a Soldier, who will soon transfer to my unit and is Drilling with my unit but is currently assigned to another unit. I want to recommend him for an MOVSM award him with a w/ Bronze service star for Volunteer over 2300hrs. Can I recommend him for the award or should I send through his current unit. I would like to see him receive it.

The Evaluator - Army Evaluation & Counseling Guide

You have the option to submit the award in your unit or to his chain of command.

It would probably be best for you to check with your chain of command to see if they are willing to process the award.  If they are not willing to process the award then you should attempt to process it through his current chain of command.

If your unit is willing to process the award then it is probably best to have it processed in your unit as it allows you to have more involvement with regard to  processing and tracking the award.

Follow us and never miss a post!

Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

You might be interested in…

Army Counseling Software - Include over 250 Army Counseling Examples

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.