- Proper haircut
- Check facial hair
- Check makeup,
- Check fingernails,
- Tattoos Compliance,
- Jewelry Compliance,
- Proper wear of the headgear.
- Does the uniform fit correctly?
- Is the uniform authorized for wear?
- Does the Soldier have the correct rank, unit insignia, awards, badges/tabs, and unit patch?
- Is the footgear authorized and does it have serviceable soles?
- Look for any indications of poor morale, change in attitude, or a drop in standards. These issues could signify a personal problem.
For example, does a usually well groomed Soldier have a dirty or wrinkled uniform? Do you smell alcohol on the breath of your Soldiers? Is it more than
one? These clues could indicate something transpired the night before. Pay specific attention to the new members of the team and see if you can
get an indication of how well they are integrating into the team.