Use corrective training. Any of the following could be used as appropriate corrective training:
- Have the Soldier perform a before-operation PMCS of the vehicle in the morning, top the vehicle off at the end of the day, and perform after-operation PMCS.
- Have the Soldier write a 500-word essay on why attention to detail is important or why it is important to ensure your vehicle is properly maintained.
- Have the Soldier give a class to the element on proper maintenance procedures.
- Have the Soldier write an SOP for topping off vehicles.
- Have the Soldier check all the vehicles in the unit motor pool each night to ensure they are topped off. He must record the bumper number of any vehicles that are not topped off and report them.
If you choose to conduct corrective training, participate with the Soldier. Let them know you are a little crazy and you will take time out of your schedule to correct their substandard performance. It also sends a message: this is a serious problem and you are committed to making sure it is corrected.