Here is our take on the situation.
IAW AR 600-8-2, paragraph 3-1, a flag prohibits the following:
- Appointment, reappointment, reenlistment or extension
- Reasignment (some exceptions apply)
- Appearance before a semi-centralized promotion board
- Promotions in grade, lateral appointments, and frocking
- Recommendations for, and receipt of, individual awards and decorations. (Exceptions per AR 600-8-22)
- Attendance at military schools. (Exceptions with approval of DCS, G-3/5/7)
- Unqualified resignation, retirement or discharge.
- Advance or excess leave (exception to policy may be granted by commanders IAW AR 600-8-10)
- Payment of enlistment bonus or selective reenlistment bonus.
- Assumption of command.
Training holidays have nothing to do with a flag. Training holidays are not a favorable personnel action.