Since you are stationed Overseas the answer is “Yes”, as there can be some safety concerns associated with your situation.
Items to Consider
Now with that stated there are a couple of issues to look at:
- Is there a curfew you that applies to all members of the unit living in the barracks? If all the Soldiers have a curfew there is most likely not an issue. If however you are the only individual on curfew you may have a valid concern.
- Are there specific safety issues regarding your local area?
- If you believe this action is not fair you can contact the IG without providing any unit or personal information. They can provide you the specifics regulations and reference to assist you in determining how best to proceed.
- As an alternative you can also reach out to the local JAG and ask the question without providing specifics.
Discussing the Issue with the Chain of Command
If you choose to discuss the issue with the chain of command consider:
- Being factual
- Be professional
- Be calm
- Collect your fact and develop courses of action that make sense and are realistic. Leaders like options and solutions
Did you find this information useful? I would appreciate your feedback!