I do not believe an Award Recommendation would be Appropriate!
In Accordance With AR 601-280 Chapter 8 A Bar to Reenlistment may be initiated against Soldiers for one or a combination of the following (note these are examples):
(1) Lateness to formations, details, or assigned duties.
(2) AWOL for 1- to 24-hour periods.
(3) Losses of clothing and equipment.
(4) Substandard personal appearance.
(5) Substandard personal hygiene.
(6) Continuous indebtedness, reluctance to repay, or late payments.
(7) Article 15(s).
(8) Frequent traffic violations.
(9) An excessive number of sick calls without medical justification.
(10) Lateness returning from pass or leave