- Before you begin writing an award you need to arm yourself with some background information. Reviewing these documents will help you acquire a firm foundation of award policy and procedures:
- AR 600-8-22 Military Awards: This regulation contains the basic information concerning policy and procedure, addresses specific requirements for each award, a detailed list of definitions and the process for appealing an award.
- AR 600-8-2 Suspension of Favorable Personnel Actions (Flags): This regulation will assist you in determining the eligibility of a Soldier for an award. Understand there are exceptions for APFT failures and Soldiers that are overweight.
- Local Award SOPs: Contact your S-1 for a copy of the award SOP. This will usually provide suspense dates for various awards. The manner in which an award is to be prepared and processed within the specified command.
- Example of Awards: Utilize the S-1, peers, and senior leaders to collect examples of previous awards. These awards can help you with ideas and different techniques with regard to constructing an award write up.
Now you are prepared to being the award writing process.
For more information on Award Preparation see The Writer
Please like us
If you think this site is useful, follow us, and sign up for our newsletter
Hope this helps! Did you find this information useful? We Appreciate your feedback!
Help Us Help please tell your peers, subordinates, and superiors. Also we are always looking for examples, classes, briefings, SOPs, templates and other information we can share for free in the ASKTOP.net Armsroom. Please help us help others by sending your ARMS ROOM stuff to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This response is based on the information you provide. My comments do not represent the US Army or US government positions. Furthermore my comments should be used for information purposes only.