How can you avoid abusing your authority, position, and your subordinates? Ask yourself these questions?
- Would I allow my son, daughter, or loved one to be treated this way?
- Are my actions appropriate?
- Am I treating my subordinates the way I want to be treated?
- If a disinterested person saw me taking action would they see my action as professional or abusive?
- Would I be proud of my actions if a member of my family or spouse saw me taking these actions?
Read the Article in the Stars and Stripes: Sergeant busted down for maltreatment of private
For more information on Corrective Actions Please review the following ASKTOP.net POSTS!
The purpose of ASKTOP.NET is to share experience and Lessons Learned. It is my sincere hope that leaders are encouraged to learn from their HONEST mistakes and held ACCOUNTABLE for violations that are unethical, illegal, immoral, or unsafe. Leaders I encourage you to share your expeirnece and lessons learned with your subordinates. Educate them on what actions are appropriat and what actions are inappropriate.