Class / briefing: Conditions: You are in an environment in which C/B weapons or unknown toxic industrial chemicals have been used by the enemy. You are given a protective mask, an individual decontamination kit, and any one of the following automatic-masking situations occur:
- A chemical alarm sounds.
- A positive reading is obtained on detector paper.
- Individuals exhibit symptoms of C/B agents or toxic industrial chemical poisoning, such as difficulty breathing, coughing, wheezing, vomiting, or eye irritation.
- Observe a spill or cloud of unknown material(s).
- React to an IED explosion where you suspect the release of a known or unknown toxic chemical.
- Observe a contamination marker.
- Supervisor orders you to mask.
- Observe personnel wearing protective masks.
- Observe other signs of a possible C/B agent or toxic industrial chemical attack/spill
Standards: React to a C/B agent or toxic industrial chemical hazard/attack without becoming contaminated. Properly don your protective mask within 9 seconds. Notify your supervisor of identified or possible contamination. Start the steps to decontaminate yourself within 1 minute of finding contamination. Decontaminate your individual equipment after you have completely decontaminated yourself.