This is a Pregnancy/Postpartum Physical Training (PPPT) Frequently Asked Questions document.
Some of the questions covered are as follows:
- Is PPPT mandatory?
- Is PT safe during pregnancy?
- What assurance is there that the exercises in the PPPT Program are safe to do?
- What profiles do I need?
- What is the uniform for PPPT?
- What is the uniform for Postpartum PPPT?
- What are the advantages of the PPPT Program?
- What is the recommended water temperature in which pregnant women should do water aerobics?
- Can exercise cause a miscarriage or preterm labor?
- What are the benefits of PPPT for a Soldier who has had a miscarriage?
- What’s the best way to ensure that the record APFT will be passed and height/weight standards will be met within 6 months after delivering the baby? and More…
NOTES: Some references listed in this doc might have been superseded and/or updated, which can be easily done using the DA PAM 25-30 web page or downloaded and installed program for checking current and superseded DOD publications (For example purposes only: FM 3-0 was superseded by ADP 3-0, on 10 October 2011) : This document is in PDF format