This is an Appealing Officer Evaluation Reports (OER), Non-Commissioned Officer Evaluation Reports (NCOER) & Academic Evaluation Reports (AER) Questions and Answers Legal Brief. Questions answered are as follows:
- What AR governs OER, NCOER, and AER appeals?
- What is the evaluation redress program designed to accomplish?
- What are the primary program elements of the evaluation redress program?
- What is a commander’s inquiry?
- Who performs a commander’s inquiry?
- Do the results of a commander’s inquiry constitute an appeal?
- Who may appeal an evaluation report?
- What evidence is required to substantiate an appeal?
- Who adjudicates appeals?
- Who adjudicates appeals based upon substantive issues handled?
- What must I do once I have decided to appeal an evaluation report?
- What is the timeframe for filing an appeal?
- How are appeals prioritized?
- What happens after I submit an appeal?
- What is a special review board (SRB)?
- What are my options if the appeal is denied?
NOTES: Some references listed in this doc might have been superseded and/or updated and should be checked for accuracy, which can be easily done using the DA PAM 25-30 web page or downloaded and installed program for checking current and superseded DOD publications (For example purposes only: FM 3-0 was superseded by ADP 3-0, on 10 October 2011) : This document is in PDF format