This is an example of a Separation Counseling Memorandum. It can be used as an example of a Separation Counseling Memo if you ever need to write one. The officer was counseled on the following points:
- Opportunities available in a military career.
- The officer’s previously achieved investment in the Army.
- Completion of all active duty service obligations.
- Determination that the officer is not under investigation, pending results of trial, or pending elimination.
- Determination that the officer is not AWOL, confined, suffering from severe mental disease or defect, or in default in respect to public property or funds.
- Encouraged to continue to service in a Reserve Component of the Army.
NOTE: This document is in MS Word format